In order for this to make any sense at all, we have to be convinced that:
1. It’s possible and feasible for a mom-and-pop video store – that apparently only rents VHS tapes – could somehow still exist, or
2. DVDs were never invented, or
3. The movie takes place in 1985 which it doesn’t because the pair are shown recreating Rush Hour 2 (2001), and
4. That even a single one of their customers could possibly, believably and reasonably watch a 20-minute junior-high-school-level remake of Ghostbusters and react that it was “pretty good” and
5. That we’re not completely bored with Jack Black playing that Jack Black character.